Sunday, December 6, 2009

My sister got married!

Oh wow, the day finally arrived. It's quite funny how it all just crept up. We've been counting down to this date for awhile now. Jokes about dieting and all... and it hit me the day before that my sister was actually getting married. I felt an immense amount of excitement and also nervousness (good kind of nervousness) for her and Bob. Well, for those that know her very well, you'd know my sister is very particular about the details...the invites, the dress, the food, the flowers, her hair, her makeup, her dress, the material of her dress.... errr...wait, I think that's called being a "bridezilla". I even wanted to get her a Godzilla suit for her entrance into her reception...I wish I did! I still remember it was only yesterday she brought back samples of her invite. I made comments like "looks like a Westpac ad.... this one's too Thai Airways..." I can't seem to shake my day job.

The day went thru without a hitch. We were blessed with great weather (Ella's been checking the weather weeks leading up to the wedding), peonies were in season and we were all certainly excited to be part of this special day, as were our many international guests. It was a colourful event with lots of speeches, well wishes from those who couldn't make it (gotta love technology), dancing and of cos, FOOD.

Congratulations Bob, Shrek is all yours.... remember what Dom said at the reception: Safety first! Get yourself a safety helmut!

As they say in Swahili, P O N G U E Z I!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

just simply beautiful! brought tears to my eyes all over again! it was a perfect wedding and perfect love!

Anonymous said...

I am like amazed...the pictures are sooo beautiful and the wedding outfits are sooo gorgeous I am green with envy!!! hahahaha sounds like everyone had an amazing time! From Liza okoko, NYC

Eddie said...

As "Papa Bob" put it, the day belonged to the newlyweds. And what a fantastic day it was!

Stella-Anne Okoko said...

The day and the pictures from that day are absolutely breath taking. As dorothy said it really was the perfect wedding and it was also an inspirational wedding. The newly weds did extremely well putting this event together best event and most memorable event i have ever attended:-)))))