Saturday, May 8, 2010

Autumn in the park with Emma

I had the perfect start to the weekend. Caught up with Sam and Matt for a session with their little daughter, Emma. I love weekends... what's not to love when I get to do what I enjoy ~ taking pictures, eating, getting some sun, flying... don't get me wrong, I love weekdays too, cos it's what pays the bills. I am still undecided whether I love Thursday or Friday more ~ Thursdays cos it's one day before the weekend, and Fridays, for the obvious reason. A childhood friend once reminded me that I shouldn't countdown the days in the week, cos it's no different to wishing your life away! She said, "one day you will wish that time stood still"... she is right of cos.

And so after some weeks of planning and one aborted attempt due to Sydney's increasingly weird '4- seasons-in-one-day' weather, we finally got to take some pictures with little Emma. When I met up with Sam, she told me that Emma was a little unsettled. I replied calmly saying, "Don't worry, we'd be ok" ~ and we got thru the morning just in time before Emma decided to call it a day. Phew!

I was going to pass the images to Sam and Matt early next week. BUT, an idiot decided to drive his over-height truck into the M5, causing a complete shut down and ruined my pre-mother's day catch up with mum. Plan B took a very hungry and traffic-jam-weary Ella and I to Nha Tranh, to satisfy our craving for Vietnamese food (deep fried soft shell crabs....yum)... it also gave me the perfect reason to drop the pictures off early!

Here are some pictures and a quick slideshow. And to all the mother's out there, especially mine, Happy Mother's Day!