Monday, May 3, 2010

Malinda & Lan ~ their wedding

I remember the night as though it was just yesterday! No, it's not when I first met Ella, but it was when Mally made the announcement. I was almost ready to go to bed... and my phone buzzes and ooh, message from Mally announcing their engagement!!! I have to admit, I was somewhat emotional when I read the text. Sad huh. And here I am bagging out masterchef contestants for being cry babies! And yes folks, these days everything is done via the mobile! I was so excited I just couldn't hit the right buttons on the phone to type a reply! On ya, Lan! Good proposal and an equally superb ring to match the occasion!


Here's something you might not know. I first met Mally when she was 21. Yeah, a long time ago it seems. She shared a birthday venue with a friend of mine (RayRay de Dog), just because they had mutual friends. Back in those days, Mally was quite funky... not that she's any less funky now of cos. Well, if you were at the wedding, Marissa would have explained it all in detail! "Fly-Girl", yup... that's Mally! It's all true, what Marissa said! Cos I was there and I have pictures to prove it. Don't you just love Mally's shoes for the day!




A quick word about Lan: who incidentally, looked almost as hot as Mally on his wedding day in his Hugo Boss suit and shoes....and that smile! Thanks for turning it on for the camera, Lan...although I do know that your electric smile comes natural to you... gotta give me lessons... cos everyone knows I can't smile to save my life and am contemplating attending night school to "Learn how to smile properly for photos".  Note to all the boys that are planning their wedding: a well fitted suit makes a huge difference! And of cos, if you have the muscles to back it up, that helps too once the suit comes off...see example below :)




The reception was held at Simmer on The Bay. Mally's friend, the lovely Yu-Ching who is happens to be an amazing (professional) chef and well-known Sydney food blogger Lemonpi, deserves a special mention: she baked the wedding cake and also the cupcakes for the guests... massive effort Yu-Ching. You can read all about it here too.


So folks, some of you have waited 9 years for this day... may I present, Mally and Lan....or as I like to call them, 'SchMally & Vin Diesel'.


** link to the Photobooth pictures ** 



7 comments:

Shahed said...

Great work Mate.. Awesome pics.. Mal Looks awesome too.. "there's no price for awesomeness"

Unknown said...

omg... im getting teary over here! dex, this is awesome! i love, love, love them all!!! you've captured the our day so beautifully and i could not think of anyone else but you and ella to do this! thank you both so much from the bottom of our hearts xx muah (now let's go eat!)

Unknown said...

Mal you look absolutely amazing!!
Dex - this is the best wedding video and pics I have seen.

Jacinta said...

Mal, that dress is breathtaking! It looks like you had an amazing day! Worth the wait!
Dexter, really. You've outdone yourself this time!

Bec @ honi design said...

OMG....Dex: Amazing shots!! Mal - you looked simply devine..LOVE the red shoes!!
It looks like it was a wonderful wedding!

dezza_c said...

What a hot couple, and what a party you had!

Congratulations to you both, and great job Dex

Ange said...

The big day FINALLY came and it looked like an AMAZING day! Mally and Lan, a big congrats to you and can't wait to see you in Singapore. Dexter, this is a masterpiece.