Sunday, May 23, 2010

The gentle giant is married ~ Moey's wedding

By my estimation, Moey is 7ft something... heheh.... ok, maybe not that tall, but Moey's a tall guy. When I met him at Mervat's wedding, he stood head and shoulders above everyone at the reception. No one is taller than Moey... but big as he is, he's a gentle giant. soft spoken, genuine, a good all round guy! Oh, I forgot to mention, Moey's mervat's younger brother :)

Rain was forecast for the whole week leading up to Moey's wedding. I have never shot a wet wedding before. So I was counting on my luck to prevail. Sydney-siders would know that it's been bucketing down non stop for a week straight! I knew that if it rained abit the eve of Moey's wedding that we'd have some pockets of sunshine, awesome blue skies and crazy clouds! And rain it did the night before and the morning of Moey's wedding. Phew!

I was re-acquainted with Mervat's videographer... who is very hands on with what he does. I mean that literally! He would demonstrate what he needs done by pretending to the groom and using the groom as the 'prop'... hilarious! I think the group of bystanders at The Rocks had the most fun with his spontaneous grabbing of the groom and his boys. Both Mindy and I were safe... cos I am part-girl after all. The boys however... sighs, not so. The bride, Khadija couldn't escape... she had to do a sprawl-on-the-bed pose for the camera and even do a cat walk with the bridesmaids... all in good fun!

Oh, I had Mindy with me for this wedding! Mindy was very popular at this wedding... mums, grandma's.... young kids were all calling out for Mindy to help them with a picture.

Everybody, if you need handsome, well chiseled male for modelling, just give Mervat's husband a bell. This man, not only makes a suit look good (rather than the other way around), the camera loves him! Sal's, going to be my Arabic sidekick in the not too distant future :)

Enjoy.





 

3 comments:

hello ditty... said...

beautiful couple and gorgeous photos (of course!)

cosine said...

AWESOME!! video turned out well! i esp liked how you put that videographer in the slide show! ha! thanks for bringing me along!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful moments captured by the talented dex!